Finding the best social sharing WordPress plugins is more difficult than it should be. If you are running a small business website on WordPress platform, it is recommended to integrate the social sharing.
Social media is one of the most essential factors for any online marketing strategy. The major reason behind using social media sharing is that you can get much traffic (other than business contacts and new customers). But it’s essential to have an eye-catching social sharing icons to increase your blog’s social following.
There are hundreds of social media sharing for WordPress, both free and paid. But only few are good, here are the list of the best social sharing WordPress plugins:
1. Floating Social Share Bar WordPress Plugin
This is in-house solution provided by WordPress. This plugin supports all the platforms: desktop, tab and mobile.
The floating feature allows this eye-catching social media bar to get you maximum shares.
- Horizontal floating share buttons.
- Eye-catching floating bar.
- Easy to Use.
- Supports several social networks.
- Disable bar option for specific posts.
- Slim and Fast.
2. Monarch by Elegant Themes
If you have a plan to buy a social media plugin for your WordPress blog, no need to look further than Monarch. This plugin is created by the team at Elegant Themes.
It allows you not only to add sharing buttons at various places on your blog but also has the capability of displaying share count after certain number which helps you to avoid negative social proof.
- Support for popular social networking and bookmarking sites.
- Multiple display options.
- Encourage sharing by Popover and fly in share boxes.
- Choose when share counts are displayed.
- Display social media icons in widgets or with shortcode.
- Easy to use and innovative interface.
- Built-in analytic for social shares, likes and follows.
3. Smart Website Tools by AddThis
This plugin supports over 300+ of the most popular social networking and bookmarking sites. The awesome feature of this plugin is, you can see analytical data on what people are sharing. This plugin is free to use but premium version has some additional features like floating soaicl media bar, widgets and options etc which costs $12 per month.
- Attractive Share buttons.
- Varies Social Widgets.
- Supports over 300+ social networking and bookmarking sites.
- Recommended Content Tools.
- Conversion Tools.
- Social Analytics.
It was known as Sexy Bookmarks for years. This is more than just a social sharing plugin that includes social media sharing, following, related content recommendations, promoted content and also monetization apps such as affiliate linking.
All you need to register an account to access all of the features of Shareaholic has to offer. Most important thing, it’s free which is awesome.
- Eye-catching Share Buttons.
- Post-Share Follow Buttons.
- Add Related Content to your blog.
- Localized in 15+ languages.
- 100% Customizable.
- Mobile Optimized.
- Social Analytics.
- Related Content support for post keywords specified in the “WordPress SEO by Yoast”, “All in One SEO Pack”, “Add Meta Tags”, etc plugins.
5. Easy Social Share Buttons for WordPress
I would say this is the most feature packed plugin available from CodeCanyon WordPress Marketplace. It lets you get Copyblogger and Mashable sites Style Social Share Buttons.
This plugin has the capability of placing social share buttons at variety of positions, set share counts to be displayed after certain number and so many other features.
- Support for 20+ social networks.
- 12 native social like, follow & subscribe buttons.
- Social fans counter.
- 12 built in templates.
- 8 different counter styles.
- Support for various positions.
- Support for shortcode placement.
- Customizable button text.
- Built in social metrics.
- Supports any custom post types.
- Compatible with WooCommerce, JigoShop, WP eCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads.
I apologize if your favorite social media sharing plugin did not make the list. There are dozens of plugins available but I wanted to focus on a selected few ones.
Thank you for reading this article.
Now it’s your turn to share your finding about social sharing WordPress plugins in the comments area. Also, if you found this post useful, don’t forget to share it all over social media!